Effective Date & Areas
The District’s year-round water conservation measures will be back in effect beginning August 2. The measures shown below currently apply to all of the following:
- Pinellas County
- Polk County
- Temple Terrace
- Plant City
- North Port
Twice Per Week Schedule
Some local governments such as Hillsborough County and the cities of Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa have local ordinances with special twice-per-week schedules.
One Day Per Week Schedule
Some local governments such as Pasco and Sarasota counties, and the cities of Dunedin, Longboat Key, Sarasota and Venice, have local ordinances that remain on one-day-per-week schedules.
Lawn Watering Days & Times
- Lawn watering is limited to no more than twice per week.
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Locations without a discernable address, such as rights-of-way and common areas inside a subdivision, may water on Tuesday and/or Friday before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and any time.
New Lawns & Plants
- New lawns and plants have a “30-30” establishment period.
- On the day of installation, watering is allowed on any day at any time.
- During the first 30 days, watering is allowed on any day during the allowable hours.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; and locations without a discernable address may water on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing & Pressure Washing
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.
For more information, please contact the Utilities Department at 863-421-3695.