DEO Grant Application
The City of Haines City anticipates applying for Rebuild Florida General Infrastructure Program funding provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to support long-term mitigation efforts by assisting the State of Florida and its local governments in minimizing or eliminating the risks and reducing losses from future disasters. This program is being administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) thru the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program. A total of four hundred seventy-five million dollars ($475,000,000.00) in funding has been allocated by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) for the Rebuild Florida General Infrastructure Program. DEO has limited the funding to projects that improve state and local mitigation efforts, however, a wide variety of activities are eligible to apply for funding. Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Restoration of critical infrastructure (such as water and sewer facilities, streets,removal of debris, drainage, bridges, etc.
- Renourishment of protective coastal dune systems and state beaches.
- Building or fortifying buildings that are essential to the health, safety and welfare of a community (this can include police stations, fire stations, parks and recreational centers, community and senior centers, hospitals, clinics, schools and educational facilities and other public properties).
- Rehabilitation or construction of stormwater management systems.
- Improvements to drainage facilities.
- Reconstruction of lift stations and sewage treatment plants.
- Road repair and improvement and bridge strengthening. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Activities that are typically eligible for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program as well as specific additional activities as outlined in the State of Florida CDBG-MIT Action Plan for the program are eligible projects if no other funding is available to meet the need. Applications are due in DEO no later than September 14, 2020.
The City of Haines City anticipates submitting applications for the following projects:
Regional Resilient Fiber Optic Backbone and Communications
Any resident wishing to know more about the proposed project should contact Mr. Brian Ross, Director of Technology Management at 863-421-9984 or email at email@example.com. Information relating to the proposed project and application can also be accessed on the City of Haines City website located at www.hainescity.com. Comments from the public must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 10, 2020. All comments will be considered, and proposed changes will be submitted to DEO. Information relating to the proposed project and application is available for review between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the City of Haines City, City Hall located at 620 East Main Street, Haines City, FL 33844.